- Taste: medium flavored, nutty, minerally finish
- Texture: firm, moist, tender flake, medium flake size
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Origin: USA - North Pacific - Oregon, Washington, Alaska
- Catch Method: Drift Gillnet, Troll, Purse Seine
- Seasonality: June - October
- Sustainability Rating: Best Choice (Alaska) / Good Alternative (Oregon, Washington) - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: Grill, Bake, Broil, Poach, Smoke
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 315, Fat 10g, Cholesterol 131mg, Sodium 120mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 51g, Calcium 101mg, Iron 1.3mg, Potassium 873mg, Vitamin A 105mcg, Vitamin D 24mcg, Omega 3's 2340mg.
Our Fresh Wild Coho Salmon Fillet is directly sourced from Seward, Sitka, Naknek, and Wrangell Alaska. We source mostly troll-caught Coho but will selectively target specific runs where the Coho are of high-quality and are net-caught. Although the Wild Coho range encompasses both sides of the North Pacific, we only buy product caught in US waters because of sustainability concerns elsewhere. Wild Coho is managed under the Pacific Coast Salmon plan by NOAA and the Pacific Fishery Management Council; most wild stocks of Coho are above target levels, but some are below and are currently being protected through stricter regulations. The elegant flavor profile of this clean-tasting fish differs from the King and Sockeye Salmon in that its understated flavor and lower fat content highlight its minerally, nutty, and sweeter tasting characteristics.