* EACH Whole-Cooked Dungeness Crab weighs about 2 pounds. Therefore, A 2-pound order will get you one (1), Whole-Cooked Dungeness Crab cleaned with the top shell removed and the body and leg sections remaining. If you order 1 pound you will receive half of a crab, or if you order 3 pounds you will receive one-and-a-half crab.
- Preservation History: fresh, never frozen (held at 33-39 degrees F)
- Size: 1.75 lb. - 2.25 lb. range per crab
- Taste: sweet, mild, nutty finish
- Texture: body meat: delicate, resilient, light and lumpy leg meat: tender, slightly firmer, resilient
- Origin: Alaska and Washington
- Catch Method: Trap
- Availability: December - August
- Sustainability Rating: Good Alternative - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: These whole-cooked crab will be cleaned for you in advance. A quick steam (4 min), and a plated whole-cooked crab makes for an exciting dinner.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 197, Fat 3g, Cholesterol 173mg, Sodium 778mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 44g, Calcium 133mg, Iron 1mg, Potassium 924mg, Vitamin A 25mcg, Vitamin D 36 UI, Omega 3's ~150mg
The Dungeness Crab coming off the Washington and Alaskan coasts are large and full of highly-valued meat. Arguably the best crab in the world because of its elegant taste and texture, Dungeness crab is cooked while still live to encapsulate the best of these two elements. We receive our Whole-Cooked crab fresh and packed in ice. We clean your crab by removing the guts, gills, and top-shell and we rinse the crab clean. It is shipped out to you in a ready-to-eat form, and with the frame structure of the crab still whole. It makes for a nice presentation. We recommend steaming the crab for 4 minutes to bring out its optimal flavor.