- Product Form Upon Delivery: prev-froz, raw razor clam meat
- Species: Siliqua patula, Pacific Razor Clam
- Temperature History: held frozen - product will partially thaw during shipment - held and shipped at 35 F.
- Taste: sweet, light brine, mild clam flavor, ocean-fresh finish
- Texture: firm
- Origin: Northeast Pacific - Alaska and the PNW
- Catch Method: hand-digging and limited off-bottom aquaculture
- Availability: Sept - May for beach clams, limited year-round avail for off-bottom aquaculture
- Sustainability Rating: Best Choice - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: pan fry, sauté, sear (these clams are live and have a unique cleaning method)
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (per 1/2 pound of clam meat) Calories 168, Fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 162mg, Sodium 1174mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 3.5g, Sugars 0g, Protein 42g, Calcium 106mg, Iron 2mg, Vitamin A 0mcg
Pacific Razor clams are the most desired clam on the West Coast because the flavor is incredibly well-balanced between sweetness and brininess; and, the texture is meaty, firm, and juicy. These clams are large at 4-8 inches in length, and meaty since 50% of this soft-shelled clam is meat. Much of the commercial harvest is done by hand, and supply is always limited and sustainable.