* EACH Whole-Cooked Dungeness Crab weighs about 2 pounds and is sold at the flat price listed above.
* We clean your crab for you unless you tell us otherwise.
- Preservation History: prev-froz, thawed at 37 F then quickly rinsed
- Size: 2 Lbs.
- Taste: sweet, mild, nutty finish
- Texture: body meat: delicate, resilient, light and lumpy leg meat: tender, slightly firmer, resilient
- Origin: Alaska and Washington State
- Catch Method: Trap
- Availability: December - August
- Sustainability Rating: Good Alternative - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: These whole-cooked crab will be cleaned for you in advance. A quick steam (4 min), and a plated whole-cooked crab makes for an exciting dinner.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 197, Fat 3g, Cholesterol 173mg, Sodium 778mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 44g, Calcium 133mg, Iron 1mg, Potassium 924mg, Vitamin A 25mcg, Vitamin D 36 UI, Omega 3's ~150mg
The Dungeness Crab coming off the Washington and Alaskan coasts are large and full of highly-valued meat. Arguably the best crab in the world because of its elegant taste and texture, Dungeness crab is cooked while still live to encapsulate the best of these two elements. We thaw your frozen Whole-Cooked crab in a 37 degree cooler and then quickly rinse; we clean your crab by removing the guts, gills, and top-shell. It is shipped out to you in a ready-to-eat form, and with the frame structure of the crab still whole. It makes for a nice presentation. We recommend steaming the crab for 4 minutes to bring out its optimal flavor.