- Taste: medium to full-flavor, buttery, rich, depth of flavor
- Texture: tender, moist, delicate, snow-white meat, large flake
- Source: Antarctic, Southern Indian Ocean
- Catch Method: deep-set longlines
- Availability: year-round
- Sustainability Rating: Good Alternative (South Africa, Antarctic and Southern Indian Ocean: Prince Edward Islands) - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: grill, bake, broil, steam, smoke
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 225, Fat 4.6g, Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 729mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 43g, Calcium 0mg, Iron 0mg, Potassium 505mg, Vitamin A 0mg, Vitamin D 0 UI, Omega 3's 1550mg
The taste and texture of this fish is buttery and delicate and calls for exquisite culinary adaptations because its richness will stand up to anything that you throw its way. Smoked Chilean Sea Bass is unbelievably good and must be attempted by all of you foodies out there.
The Chilean Sea Bass is technically a Patagonian Toothfish which inhabits much of the Southern Hemisphere but is found in abundance from Southern Chile to the Antarctic. Most of our product is sourced out of Antarctica and the Southern Indian Ocean because sustainability standards are better in these regions than others. Our Chilean Seabass is frozen at sea to ensure quality and is caught using deep-set longlines at depths of 3000 to 6000 feet.