Alder-Smoked Sablefish by the pound
- Taste: Alder-smoked, buttery, rich, slightly salty, medium-flavored
- Texture: med/lg flake size, tender, succulent, and moist
- Origin: North Pacific (Alaska)
- Catch Method: Line-caught
- Sustainability Rating: Best Choice - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch (OR, WA, AK)
- Recommended Preparation: as-is, with crackers, pasta, etc.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 480, Fat 34g, Cholesterol 160mg, Sodium 1450mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 30g, Calcium 80mg, Iron 3mg, Potassium 815mg, Vitamin A 707 IU, Vitamin D 0mcg, Omega 3's 2750mg
Our Smoked Black Cod is custom smoked for us at a facility here in Seattle, WA. The tender flesh and rich flavor of this smoked product make it one of the most exquisite and highly valued sea products that we curate right now. We allocate the perfect portions of Black cod and then deliver the fish to our smoker multiple times per week. The fish will be brined with salt and brown sugar, dried with moving air in a special cooler, and then hot smoked with Alder at low temperatures and for many hours. Black cod has a high oil content and its flavor balances nicely with the sweet, woody flavor of the Alder smoke. The flavor is smoky, buttery, rich, mild, salty, and, sweet; the texture has a medium flake size, is moist, tender, slightly oily, and succulent. Black cod is naturally packed with omega-3 EPA and DHA fatty acids too.