- Taste: medium flavored, nutty, minerally finish
- Texture: firm, moist, tender flake, medium flake size
- Origin: USA - North Pacific - Oregon, Washington, Alaska
- Catch Method: Drift Gillnet, Troll, Purse Seine
- Seasonality: year-round
- Sustainability Rating: Best Choice (Alaska) / Good Alternative (Oregon, Washington) - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: Grill, Bake, Broil, Poach, Smoke
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 315, Fat 10g, Cholesterol 131mg, Sodium 120mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 51g, Calcium 101mg, Iron 1.3mg, Potassium 873mg, Vitamin A 105mcg, Vitamin D 24mcg, Omega 3's 2340mg.
Our previously frozen Wild Coho Salmon Fillet is directly purchased out of cold storages in Southeast Alaska and the Pacific Northwest where it has been preserved from last summer’s harvest. Prior to reaching the freezers on land, the Coho are bled, iced, and frozen at sea to preserve quality and flavor. This clean-tasting fish differs from the King and Sockeye Salmon in that its understated flavor and lower fat content highlight its minerally, nutty, and sweeter tasting undertones. Coho Salmon are milder in flavor compared to all the other salmon species.